Christ Lutheran Preschool
Our program focuses on nurturing the whole child through creative, academic, spiritual, and social growth. It supplements the home by providing an enriched environment in which children may develop to their full potential while enjoying the companionship of children their own age.
2023 - 2024 School Year - Registration Now Available
CHRIST LUTHERAN PRESCHOOL COVID-19 PROTOCOL
We are so thankful that Christ Lutheran Preschool has been able to be back in person this school year! To ensure that we provide the safest possible environment for all in our preschool, we continue to follow our COVID protocol, which utilizes the guidelines provided by the CDC, PA Department of Health, PA Department of Education, and local medical professionals. These may need to be updated as situations change, and we will continue to follow guidance from the above sources. Our current protocol is as follows:
1. All staff and children will be required to wear masks while indoors and unable to socially distance. We will make every effort to conduct activities outside. When the weather doesn’t cooperate, we will utilize our two large classrooms to provide the space for the children to spread out.
2. Temperatures of children will be taken before they enter the building. If it is 100.4 or higher, they must return home and be cleared by a medical professional before returning to school with a note. Parents will be called if a child exhibits any symptoms while at school.
3. If your child shows signs of illness, you should keep them at home. Per the CDC, symptoms you should watch for are:
* Fever (temperature 100.4 or higher)
* Sore throat
* New uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing (for a child with chronic
allergic/asthmatic cough, see if there is a change from their usual cough)
* Diarrhea, vomiting or stomachache
* New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever
Again, your child will need a note from a medical professional before returning to school.
4. If someone in your household tests positive for COVID-19, your child should not come to school. Please notify the school of this situation. We will follow recommendations from the State Department of Health with regards to safe return to school.
5. For the health and safety of the children, we will not have volunteers in the school at this time. We will let you know when we will again allow vaccinated volunteers in the classroom.
6. We continue to implement layered prevention strategies, including ventilation in the classrooms, enhanced cleaning/sanitizing, social distancing, handwashing, wearing facemasks when indoors, and encouraging outside activities.
We will closely monitor the ever-evolving situation and we will adjust these requirements as conditions allow. We are hopeful that these measures will be able to be relaxed as conditions in our community improve. We will strive to provide the best and safest preschool experience for all of the children in our care and are excited about education occurring at Christ Lutheran Preschool.
Christ Lutheran Preschool was established in 1958 (President Eisenhower’s grandchildren attended in the first years).
Our program includes a weekly chapel time that is designed to instill in each child an awareness of God and God’s love. Through Bible readings, songs, and prayers, the life of Jesus and concepts of Christian discipleship are introduced.
Our daily schedule includes center time, with changing themes and activities, circle time, crafts, music, outdoor activities, snacks, and reading. We encourage parent participation as classroom helpers. We supplement the curriculum with field trips, special holiday events for the whole family, and guest speakers.
About Our Program
We invite you to make an appointment to visit our program!
Tuesday and Thursday
9 a.m. – 12 noon
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
9 a.m. – 12 noon
Christ Lutheran Preschool’s school year begins in September and ends in May. Students may start mid-year, if needed. Please contact us to inquire about openings and make an appointment to visit our program!
Pre-registration for the coming (fall) school year begins each January. Contact us at any time during the year for current class/enrollment availability. Please SPREAD THE WORD to any friends or neighbors who might be interested in our fantastic program!
Download the Registration form for more information.
Contact the Preschool directly for more information – 717-334-6532 or email@example.com
Welcome to Christ Lutheran Preschool On-Line Edition!
We are excited to share preschool education and resources with you during this time when our school is closed for in-person gatherings.
What does Christ Lutheran Preschool On-Line look like?
● Weekly Themes
● Circle Time
● Story Time
● Activity Pages
● Weekly Chapel Time
● Weekly Optional Zoom Drop-In Meetings
We are creating two on-line classrooms/learning experiences – one for preschool children ages 3-4 years old that will have content two days a week and one for pre-kindergarten children ages 4-5 years old that will have content three days a week. This plan follows our traditional in-person preschool program.
If you are interested in participating, please e-mail us with your name, address, and child’s name and age and we will send you an invitation to the google classroom. If you live in the Gettysburg, PA area, monthly packets with all of the activity pages and monthly plans are available for pick up. If you prefer, the activity pages are also available on the google classroom website for you to download and print at home.
This program is available free of charge to any interested families. We welcome any donations to offset the cost of providing materials, but no contribution is required to participate. Donations can be payable to Christ Lutheran Preschool, 44 Chambersburg Street, Gettysburg, PA 17325
We hope you will join us on-line this fall! Please let us know if you have any questions at all!
Interested? Contact us today – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to share this with anyone you know that might be interested! For those residing outside the Gettysburg area, materials can be downloaded and printed at home. All are welcome!