Join us for Virtual Services.
Ascension Day Worship!
Thursday, May 13 at 7:00 p.m.
Outdoor In-Person Worship in front of the United Lutheran Seminary Chapel
Join us for a Festival Service of Word and Holy Communion.
Mr. G’s ice cream will be served following worship!
Pledge your commitment for 2021.
Journey to Racial Justice.
Welcome to Christ Lutheran Gettysburg
At Christ Lutheran Gettysburg we provide a traditional Lutheran service in a historic setting. Whether you’ve been away from the church for a time, are exploring your faith and have questions, are seeking a deeper connection with God, or if you are drawn to serve–you are welcomed here. Our supportive staff and congregation will earn your trust quickly as we continue our journey of faith together.
Getting started is easy.
Plan Your Visit
Holy Communion is offered each Sunday. Join us in our handicap accessible, second floor sanctuary.
Due to COVID-19 in-person, indoor worship services have been suspended
Our parking can be accessed from the alley off South Washington Street.
Children of all ages will love our Christian Education programs.
Our Mission & Purpose
At Christ Lutheran Gettysburg our mission and purpose is to help connect people to their faith
Continually refreshed by the Fountain of God's love in Christ Jesus, we of Christ Lutheran Gettysburg are sent by the Holy Spirit to direct that flow into the lives of our neighbors, so that they too might be refreshed and renewed.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Due to COVID-19 in-person, indoor worship services have been suspended. Please visit the Worship page for more information about outdoor services.
Lutheran worship in a traditional form with a modern feel
- Worship services at 8:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. in the historic sanctuary (located on the second floor of the church building)
- The sacrament of Holy Communion is offered each Sunday at both services.
- Christian Education for all ages is available each Sunday at 9:15 a.m. from the second Sunday in September through Third Sunday in May.
- A staffed nursery is available during the 10:30 a.m. Sunday service for children 5 and under.
- Braille hymnals are available for the blind and visually impaired.
- Hearing amplification devices are available in the narthex.
- The church building is handicapped accessible via ramps from the front and rear of the church building. The entrance for the elevator is underneath the connecting bridge through the single door on the Christian Education building (44 Chambersburg Street). Take the elevator to the second floor to access the sanctuary.
Limited parking is available at the rear of the church building including a handicapped space. Our lot can be accessed from Zerfing’s Alley off of South Washington Street. On-street parking is free on Chambersburg Street on Sundays until 1:00 p.m. Metered parking from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. is in effect at all other times. There are a few bagged parking meters in front of the church for drop off and pick up of those needing easy access to the handicapped ramp.
Creation . Redemption . History .
Christ Lutheran Gettyburg was founded in 1835-1836 to to provide meeting space for Gettysburg College events and accommodate those Lutheran residents of Gettysburg who preferred to have their worship services conducted entirely in the English language.
Lots of Ways to Get Involved.
Christ Lutheran Gettysburg
The Latest Services & Updates
Grace and peace to you in the name of the Father, +Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen. 1When the day of Pentecost had come,[the apostles were all together in one place. 2And suddenly from heaven there came a sound like the rush of a violent wind, and it filled the...